RSS-flöde från Kaspersky Labs om bland annat virus- och malwarehot.
- Virtual Currency Platform ‘Tornado Cash’ Accused of Aiding APTs
U.S. Treasury blocked the business of the virtual currency mixer for laundering more than $7 billion for hackers, including $455 million to help fund North Korea’s missile program.
- Phishers Swim Around 2FA in Coinbase Account Heists
Attackers are spoofing the widely used cryptocurrency exchange to trick users into logging in so they can steal their credentials and eventually their funds.
- Open Redirect Flaw Snags Amex, Snapchat User Data
Separate phishing campaigns targeting thousands of victims impersonate FedEx and Microsoft, among others, to trick victims.
- VMWare Urges Users to Patch Critical Authentication Bypass Bug
Vulnerability—for which a proof-of-concept is forthcoming—is one of a string of flaws the company fixed that could lead to an attack chain.
- Universities Put Email Users at Cyber Risk
DMARC analysis by Proofpoint shows that institutions in the U.S. have among some of the poorest protections to prevent domain spoofing and lack protections to block fraudulent emails.
- Securing Your Move to the Hybrid Cloud
Infosec expert Rani Osnat lays out security challenges and offers hope for organizations migrating their IT stack to the private and public cloud environments.
- Malicious Npm Packages Tapped Again to Target Discord Users
Recent LofyLife campaign steals tokens and infects client files to monitor various user actions, such as log-ins, password changes and payment methods.
- Threat Actors Pivot Around Microsoft’s Macro-Blocking in Office
Cybercriminals turn to container files and other tactics to get around the company’s attempt to thwart a popular way to deliver malicious phishing payloads.
- Messaging Apps Tapped as Platform for Cybercriminal Activity
Built-in Telegram and Discord services are fertile ground for storing stolen data, hosting malware and using bots for nefarious purposes.
- Novel Malware Hijacks Facebook Business Accounts
Newly discovered malware linked to Vietnamese threat actors targets users through a LinkedIn phishing campaign to steal data and admin privileges for financial gain.